Join us for 2018 Comer Camps: Spring Break & Summer
Comer Camp Extreme Spring Break 2018
The Youth Center will be holding a Specialty Camp for spring break.
- Serving youth in grades 3-8
- March 26 - 29
- 9 am - 5 pm (Before and Aftercare is available for $20/family)
- field trips
- guest instructors
- group development activities
- Unique sports & technology themed all-day field trips
- Unique daily schedule
- Lots of incentives and other prizes
- Hot breakfast, lunch and snacks served daily
- GCYC Backpack
- Early drop-off and pickup hours (drop off as early as 7:45am, pick up by 6pm)
Registration for Spring Break Camp
- Register between February 19 and March 16
- $75 for members and $110 for non-members
New Members Should Register online here. Current Members, please email AWilliams@gcychome.org for your specialized link!
In-person registration is available from Monday through Friday 11am and 6:30pm with the GCYC membership team.
Confirmation: Once enrolled a confirmation e-mail will be sent to the parent along with permission & waiver forms for the week's activities. Please note enrollment is not complete without completion of vital enrollment paperwork.
Summer Camp 2018: Join us for a summer of fun!
Youth will have the opportunity to have a great time and learn something too. Our camp day starts with summer learning opportunities that can include reinforcement of lessons learned during the school year. The afternoon is filled with enrichment programs and activities. The camp also includes unique opportunities to experience sports & fitness, leadership development, the arts, urban gardening, computer technology, music production in our recording studio, culinary arts, gender specific programs and more. All of this happens in our state-of-the-art, air-conditioned building. Our programs/activities are facilitated by adult staff, supported by camp counselors, and operate in a secure environment managed by a team of safety professionals. In addition to having a great summer with GCYC, all campers are automatically members of the youth center for the upcoming school program year.
Summer Camp Details
- Summer Camp runs from June 25 - August 3, 2018
- Registration Period: February 6th, 2018- May 19, 2018
- Ages: rising 3rd - rising 8th Graders
- Camp Hours: 9:00am – 5:00pm
- Early Drop Off/ Extended Pick Up Hours: 7:45am – 9:00am & 5:00pm – 6:00pm ($50.00 per family)
- Weekly Field Trips: Every Thursday
Fees and Payment Option Information
Basic Enrollment Fee: $475.00 per child. The basic registration fee includes:
- Weekly field trips
- Morning academics
- Daily snack
- Daily free lunch
- Special events
- Field days
- 1 Camp T-Shirt & backpack sack
Early Drop Off/Extended Pick Up Hours: $50.00 per camp family (1-4 siblings)
- Free breakfast snack (mornings)
- Organized play under staff supervision (mornings & afternoons)
Early Bird Payment Option: $375 per child (Valid until April 15th)
Full Payment Option: $475.00 per child
Due upon submission of a completed registration form (registration considered complete with full payment)
Installment Payment Option
- First installment of $237.50 per child due upon submission of a completed registration form for each child.
- 2nd/Final installment of $237.50 per child due no later than May 19, 2018 to complete and confirm your child’s spot.
Forms of Payment The Gary Comer Youth Center accepts the following forms of payment:
- Credit card
- Debit card
- Cashier/bank check
- Money order
Confirmation Slots will be confirmed only via email upon the complete payment of all fees by the May 19, 2018 deadline.
NOTE: Slots are limited. Slots are reserved for fully paid and completed registrations on a first-come-first served basis. Payments to the Gary Comer Youth Center are non-refundable. Installment payments are non-refundable and will be forfeited if registration is not paid for in full by the May 19, 2018 deadline.
Registration for Summer Camp
Register online here!
For more information about either camp, contact Christy Beighe-Byrne, Youth Membership & Outcomes Manager at Membership@gcychome.org.