Join us for a summer of fun!
Summer Camp Description
GCYC offers programming to campers in 6 tracks:
- Visual,Cultural and Performing Arts
- S.T.E.M. & other technology courses
- Academic Support
- Urban Agriculture
- Sports and Recreation
- Culinary Arts
- GCYC employs certified teachers, seasoned youth development practitioners and junior staff counselors
- Our youth to staff ratio is 1:15
- Jr. staff work alongside teachers and youth development practitioners as assistants
Summer Camp Details
- Summer Camp runs from Monday June 24 - Friday August 2, 2019
- Ages: rising 3rd - rising 8th Graders
- Camp Hours: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
- $500 per youth
- Early Drop Off/ Extended Pick Up Hours: 7:45 am – 9:00 am & 5:00 pm – 6:00 pm ($50.00 per family)
- Late fees: $5 for every 15 minutes
- Weekly Field Trips: Every Thursday
- Take a look at what to expect this summer
Fees and Payment Option Information
Basic Enrollment Fee: $500.00 per child. The basic registration fee includes:
- Weekly field trips
- Morning academics & afternoon enrichment classes
- Free daily breakfast and afternoon snacks
- Daily lunch is available for $100 per child or children can bring packed lunches
- Biweekly Special Events (Splash Day, Sports Inflatables, BBQ at Dan Ryan Woods)
- 1 Camp T-Shirt
- Membership for the 2019-2020 School Year
Full Payment: $500.00 per child
Due upon submission of a completed registration form. Registration is considered complete with full payment. Partial payments of at least 50% are allowed in order to hold space, but payment is due in full by Friday, June 7th.
Forms of Payment:
The Gary Comer Youth Center accepts the following forms of payment:
- Credit card
- Debit card
- Cashier/bank check
- Money order
Confirmation: Slots will be confirmed only via email upon the complete payment of all fees by the June 7th deadline.
Scholarships: There are a limited number of scholarships available
NOTE: Slots are limited. Slots are reserved for fully paid and completed registrations on a first-come-first served basis. Payments to the Gary Comer Youth Center are non-refundable. Installment payments are non-refundable and will be forfeited if registration is not paid for in full by the June 7th deadline.
Registration for Summer Camp
Register online here!
Parent Orientation is mandatory for all parents and campers and is scheduled for two dates Wednesday, June 12 at 6pm-8pm or Saturday, June 15th from 11am-1pm. This is a formal Gary Comer Youth Center orientation with GCYC staff and will provide your family with all of the information you all need regarding your membership at GCYC. During the session members will take their membership ID picture, fill out paperwork, give you all an opportunity to ask any questions you may have and take a building tour.